Thursday, September 2, 2010

Stop Clowning Around!

My girlfriend was furious when she found that I hadn't gotten a costume for the Halloween party that we were to attend three days from now. It was to be a huge affair, invoving the entire company she worked for, and was going to be held in a rented banquet hall. Her mother had worked as a circus performer, and she had a vintage costume of her's that she was planning on wearing. She had asked that I get something that would go in line with her costume, such as a ringmaster or a magician. I told her I told her that I could just throw something together, but she told me that wouldn't do, because she wanted to dazzle her co-workers. So after she ripped me a new one, she made me promise that I would wear whatever costume that she got for me. I was a bit apprehensive, but of course, agreed. The next day, she told me that she had gotten a costume for me, and that I would be going as 'the clown that you are!'. I was relieved when I went to her house this morning, the day of the party, until she showed me what I would be wearing! She's grabbing her purse and her car keys at this very moment! I guess I have to go now!

No comments:

Post a Comment